After three months in Europe I finally made it back home. I had an internship in Spain after my study abroad in Italy where I was able to continue my summer of learning about wine and wine grapes. It was an amazing experience but coming home has been the best part of my summer.

Adjusting back to America and my life before the summer was both easy and hard. I was able to fall back into my normal patterns but everything felt off. I was able to still drive the same, but just because it had been so long it felt weird to be in the driver’s seat of the car. The change of scenery was also an odd feeling because I had gotten so used to how Europe looked and now I was thrown back into what I had been in before. It all didn’t feel real but was familiar all the same.

The most stressful thing has been being thrust straight back into the school grind. As soon as I got back I had to move into my new apartment and then start my new position on my sorority’s executive board. I love being back and being involved again but I haven’t had the time to really enjoy being home.

I’m so glad to have been able to have such an amazing experience over the summer, it’s given me a new perspective on the world. I plan on using my experience to better my own life here in America and better those around me.