What a week it has been. It has had its ups and downs, with more ups than downs. I got to experience a completely different culture, education system, and agricultural system. At the beginning of the week, I didn’t know what to expect and it was nothing that I thought it was going to be. Our plans changed, just like everyone said, but when that happened, I think we had the most fun. I got closer with the other people in our class and have some eye-opening conversations with them. My views, on both education and agriculture, were challenged. I was forced to open my mind and evaluate why I believe in the things I do. My family was so glad to see me and hear all about the trip. Hugging my dad in the airport was a great welcoming feeling. I am so glad to have had this opportunity. It was completely different than what I had expected. We had to stray from our plans more than a few times, but I think those unplanned moments were the most fun and memorable. Before headed back to the States, we took a quick layover in Amsterdam. It was so cool to see the differences in culture between Scotland and the Netherlands. We got to tour the Anne Frank House and Rijks Museum before getting back to the airport for our 10 hour ride home. Overall, this experience was life changing! (but I am happy to be home! :))

Here is a picture of me in Amsterdam eating a delicious chocolate croissant.