Last week I missed my bus back to the farm I’m staying at, so my host had to pick me up in Toulouse. Everything turned out okay, and the people at the bus station were very friendly, but I was upset my host had to drive to the city. I learned later that the bus to Bessiers didn’t run that night at all, and the reason for the error was due to a faulty timetable. Nonetheless, I hope it doesn’t happen again.

Sometimes being alone in a foreign country can be very stressful, especially if you aren’t fluent in the language. It’s much easier to stay in places you’re familiar with, where you won’t be placed in potentially difficult situations. However, being placed in those situations is how you learn, and I’m certainly glad I decided to come to France this summer.

Other than that one incident, everything has gone smoothly so far. Berangere (my host) and Phillipine (another intern) have both been very friendly, and I’ve learned a lot about agriculture here in France. Soon I’ll be leaving the farm to travel all across Europe. I’m sure I’ll have a great time, but I also miss everyone back home. I’m looking forward to telling everyone about my trip!

Posted in: ,