Finally have my computer! So here are my posts that I had written!

I am pretty close to leaving for my study abroad trip for the rest of May and honestly it has been pretty hectic. I haven’t been worried to much about the fact that I am going out of the country because I have been to Australia before but I am worried about my preparation. I am just finishing up with finals, and I took the MCAT recently, so there has been a lot on my plate and I haven’t had a lot much time to get ready for the trip. I have been able to pull together most of the things I need for the trip in advance because I knew that I was going to be busy. So although I haven’t had much time I do feel ready to leave the country. Another reason it has been difficult to prepare for this trip is that I am from out of state and so I don’t have anytime to go home before I leave. I will be leaving straight out of Athens and so I will only have the ability to bring what I have here because I don’t have time to go home and get anything. So packing and getting ready without the help from my parents has been interesting. Part of the reason I am looking forward to this trip is that I really need to get my mind off of everything that has been going on with my plans for the future. This semester has been one of the craziest of my college career because I am finally getting towards the end of college and I am figuring out what I want to do with my life. So this trip will give me an opportunity to rest for a little bit as well and continue to grow while I am learning about new cultures that I have never seen before.

I am very excited about the trip because I have never been to Europe. I chose this program based on its 5 destinations (England, Ireland, Scotland, Italy and France). These are all places I have never been before and so I am very excited to see a new part of the world. One specific place I am excited about is France because I studied French from kindergarten to my senior year of high school and so I am ready to be fully immersed in that culture. I am excited to see if my language abilities are still up to par. It will be fun to speak French and be able to understand most things while in France. On the other hand, when I am in Italy it will be interesting to see how life is without knowing any of the native language. But for the most I feel ready to conquer this trip and I don’t have many anxieties about the trip. I think I am more ready to be there than anxious about any preparation. It will be a great time.

Todd L